WHAT DOES IT MEEN TO BE GIFTED
Giftedness is a combination of exceptional intelligence, creativity and perseverance. Gifted individuals are strong on the cognitive level, but other issues also play an important role. The term is used to indicate that they have notable abilities or skills, both for children and adults.
CHARACTERISTICS OF GIFTED CHILDREN
- Great curiosity and inquisitiveness.
- Lots of Energy.
- Being able to deal with several tasks at the same time.
- Extremely good memory.
- Wide range of interests.
- Special sense of humor.
- High degree of empathy and involvement.
- In many cases, they think about the meaning of life at an extraordinarily young age (for example, three years old).
- Reading and collecting lots of information.
- A lot of factual knowledge, great general knowledge.
- Noticeably different use of language.
PURPOSE OF GUIDANCE BY URBAN KIDS
- Mapping the needs of your child with high intelligence: in terms of behavior, feelings and learning.
- The counseling is individual and aimed at helping to achieve optimal growth opportunities in the cognitive, social and emotional area both at home and at school.
- Creating an individualized action plan for your child.
- Together looking for the ideal learning environment challenge / adaptation at school and at home.
- Advice and guidance of your child in case of learning and / or behavioral problems. You can think of dyslexia or autism related disorders.
WHO IS THIS FOR?
- For children with high intelligence who think at a (highly) gifted level.
- For children with above-average to high intelligence for whom a learning and / or (characteristics of a) behavioral disorder (dyslexia, ADHD, Asperger, etc.) has been identified.
- For parents and teachers for advice and guidance of your child.
COMMON ASSUMPTIONS AND MISGIVINGS
- The starting point of Urban kids is making sure that the counseling process of your child matches the unique needs of your child as much as possible and of course remains tailor-made. Never forgetting that every child is unique.
- Test analyzes (IQ). The conclusion and recommendation can serve as a starting point for guidance.
- The six behavioral profiles of George Betts and Maureen Neihart (rev. 2010) as a useful instrument for identification and aid for the guidance of gifted children.
STEP 1 the intake interview of approximately 1 hour. Standard rate of € 75.
STEP 2 Making a plan for (assessing the need for assistance/ and guidance needs).
STEP 3 (Intermediate) evaluation interview. If desired with a written report.
STEP 4 Possible follow-up guidance / advice in consultation.
Per consultation € 45 per hour (excluding expenses)
The total costs of the program depend on the duration and scope of the supervision and will be determined after the intake. Post-calculation is possible. If the process is shorter or longer, this can affect the total costs.